Translate This Blog

Friday, January 03, 2014

Valley of the Shadows

I walked over to the edge of my despair last night.
Stood atop the mountain that I've named Hope.
Looked down at the fearsome relief waiting at the bottom.

I toed the rocks called Heavy, letting them drop over.
The sound of them hitting bottom was so long in coming.
Echoes of their destiny took rest in my mind.

I looked over the edge of my despair last night.
Set my fear on one side of my heart, my burdens on the other.
Ground crumbled temptingly beneath my tears.

I will visit my despair in another dream.
Listening in my waking hours for a whisper from Above.
My heart is finding it harder to hear the voice of Peace.

Despair is waiting to welcome, soothe, maybe damn me.
Too much silence in the world of daylight is pulling, pushing.
Shadows of death are closing out the little light I have left.

No comments: