Translate This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

**Random Thoughts**Hebrew 13:5

Part of my Bible reading this morning was from Hebrews 13:5. I tend to use the easier to read New Century Version, but I was raised reading the King James Version so I usually refer to it for the deeper meaning of a reading. I got something from both versions of this particular verse.

This is from the KJV:

I really do need to work on the content of my conversations and my thoughts. While I'm not (usually) a covetous person, I do have to restrain myself from gossiping and sniping about others.

And this is from the New Century Version:


I also need to work on what money means to me. I don't love money like I use to, but I do tend to let it worry me more than I should. My mother used to say that worrying about money doesn't add to your pocketbook.

The main thing I got from my reading of this passage is that God is always with me. I am not abandoned by Him, even when I feel abandoned my loved ones. He is with me when I have my conversations and thoughts. He is with me when I am in any kind of financial need.

Peace
--Free

No comments: